I've made this mead multiple times in order to perfect it. This mead is instantly a favorite among anyone who loves mead. The Acacia honey combined with the spiciness of rose hips is a wonderful combination. Very easy to drink!
Acacia Rose BOMM - 1 gallons
1. Add the following to a 2 gallon carboy:
-3.5 lbs Acacia/Black Locust honey.
2. Add water to halfway.)
3. Add 0.25 tsp KHCO3 and 0.4 tsp Fermaid K.
4. Add 0.8 tsp Fermaid O. (Add again at 1.110 & 1.070.)
5. Mix thoroughly.
6. Add water 1/2 cup shy of a gallon.
7. Mix again.
8. Pitch 1 activated pack of Wyeast 1388.
9. Degas every day by stirring. Once a 1.06 is reached, add 12 ounces of dried rose hips.
10. When the gravity hits 1.020, cold crash until clear and bottle. Ready to drink immediately.
OG - 1.140
FG - 1.020
ABV - 15.7%