Baronjaeger roughly translates as “Bear Hunter”. It is an infusion that German hunters would have at hunting camps. While the commercial version is pretty good, it’s a bit harsh for my taste. This is my version that is really, really close to identical but with less harshness.
- 250 ml 40% neutral spirit
- 4.3 oz Acacia Honey (by weight)
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 1 clove
- 1 slither mace
- 1/4 inch of long pepper
- 1/2 tbsp glycerin
- Add all ingredients to a jar and swirl to completely mix honey.
- Allow to infuse for 1 week.
- Strain spices out into a new container.
- (Optional) Store in freezer until particulates fall out of solution.
- Pour clear solution into show bottles.
- Enjoy over ice!