Craff is my name for a equal parts beer/mead/cider brew. I combined Cyser (cider/mead) and graff (beer/cider) to make Craff. I have to come up with clever names or no one remembers which brew they enjoyed most.
Turns out Craff is damn tasty come summer time. I've had a LOT of requests for Craff this year. Including the most important one. Me.
The last Craff I made was pretty tame. Let's take it up a notch. My brewing specialties are mead and Belgian golden strong ales. Two rights can't make a wrong, right? Right.
The best part? This is ready to drink fast! The ferment is generally done in 10 days and it takes less than a week to carbonate!
Belgian Space Craff - 1 gallon
1. Steeped 5 oz Rye in 1 liter water at 170 F for 20 minutes.
2. Added 2 quarts apple cider.
3. Added 12 oz (3 cups) Golden Dry Malt Extract.
4. Boiled 15 minutes.
5. Added 1 oz Fuggles pellet hops and 1 oz Vanguard pellet hops for 5 minutes additional boil time.
6. Added 1 cup palmetto honey, 1.5 tsp Wyeast beer nutrient, & 1/4 tsp K2CO3.
7. Cooled in ice bath.
8. Poured into 1 gallon glass jug through strainer.
9. Added cold Ozarka spring water up to 1 gallon.
10. Add 1/2 tsp pectinase.
11. Pitch one smack pack of Wyeast 1388.
12. Once a stable FG is reached, bottle with carbonation tabs.