This is a low ABV carbonated mead loosely based on my Hot Mama mead. A little spicy, a little bubbly, and goes straight to your head! Very tasty at all times of year.
Hot Mama's Mangoes Short Mead - 1 gallon batch
1. Add 1.5 lbs Orange Blossom honey (SG 1.06) to a sanitized carboy.
2. Add the following:
-1.2 oz Freeze Dried Mangoes
-2 whole dried Sanaam peppers
-2 cups Trader Joes Honeycrisp cider
3. Add 1 TBSP (~10 grams) of Fermaid O.
4. Add 1/4 tsp KHCO3 and 1/2 tsp pectinase.
5. Fill halfway with water, cap the jug, and shake until honey is completely dissolved.
6. Fill 1/2 cup shy of 1 gallon with water.
7. A an activated smack pack of Wyeast 1388 and airlock.
8. Ferment until 1.000.
9. Cold crash as soon as you hit 1.000.
10. Bottle with carbonation tabs.