While not an alcoholic beverage, a hyssop Oxymel can help you recover from over indulgence. Apparently, the Romans used a hyssop Oxymel for cough syrup, marinades, and as an energy drink. It definitely will give you the jitters if you take too much!
Hyssop Oxymel - 500 ml
1. Fill a jar halfway with dried hyssop.
2. Add 200 ml Texas Wildflower honey.
3. Fill up to 500 ml with apple cider vinegar.
4. Mix well and let stand 1 week.
5. Stain through a fine mesh sieve.
6. Add 1-2 TBSP to a glass of water to taste. This is essentially the roman version of an energy drink!