This mead is a really tasty herbal mead that I like to drink while mixing/mastering songs. It is very fragrant and sweet with a bit of ginger kick. Enjoy!
This mead is good as soon as you bottle, but the honey really comes back at 6 months of age.
1. Make 1 quart of tea in a French press with the following ingredients:
-1 TBSP dried Ginger
-1 TBSP dried Galangal
-1 TBSP dried Ginseng
-1 TBSP dried Ginko
-1/2 TBSP dried Marshmallow Root
2. Allow it to brew until cool.
3. To a 1 gallon bottle, add 3 lbs orange blossom honey and strained, cooled tea.
4. Add 0.25 tsp K2CO3 and 0.4 tsp Fermaid K.
5. Add 0.8 tsp Fermaid O; Add again at 1.09 and 1.05.
6. Mix until the honey is fully dissolved.
7. Pitch an activated pack of Wyeast 1388.
8. Once the gravity is below 1.010, add the following:
-1 lb of honey
-1/2 tsp Red Szechuan berries
-1/2 tsp Green Szechuan berries
9. After the gravity stabilizes (generally around 1.015), cold crash and bottle.