Better brewing through science.
The theoretical companion star to our sun though to cause mass extinction events. It is hypothesized that Nemesis periodically blows through our solar system smashing everything in its wake....
Much like Nemesis, this Belgian Quintupel is both theoretically exists and will smash anyone in its wake!
This is a HUGE beer (14% ABV) that actually tastes more like a braggot due to the orange blossom honey. It is extremely easy to drink and dangerous!
Nemesis Belgian Quintupel - 5 gallons
1. Heat 5 gallons of Ozarka spring water to 165ºF.
2. Add the following grain bill:
-10 lbs Pilsen Malt
-8 oz Rye
-4 oz Crystal 20L
-4 oz Aromatic
-4 oz Special Roast
2. Maintain 152 F for 1 hour or until a positive iodine test is achieved.
3. Kill heat and add 6 pounds Golden DME.
4. Bring to a boil and add the following hop schedule to a hop spider:
-1 ounce Sterling at 60 min.
-1 ounce Fuggles at 60 min.
-1 ounce Sterling at 30 min.
-1 ounce Fuggles at 30 min.
-1 Whirlfloc Tablet, Wort Chiller and Wyeast Nutrients at 15 minutes
-2 ounces Fuggles at Flameout
-1 ounce Sterling at Flameout
5. While cooling to less than 80 F with a wort chiller, add 3 pounds Orange Blossom Honey.
6. Transfer to carboy and place in temperature controlled fermentation chamber set to 72 F with the yeast starter.
7. Once the yeast and wort are equal temperature, pitch a 2 liter starter of Wyeast 1388.
8. Allow to reach terminal gravity, then cold crash until clear.
9. Keg at 2.5 ATMs for 1-2 weeks.
SG = 1.126
FG = 1.020