The theoretical companion star to our sun though to cause mass extinction events. It is hypothesized that Nemesis periodically blows through our solar system smashing everything in its wake....
Much like Nemesis, this Belgian Quintupel is both theoretically exists and will smash anyone in its wake!
This is a HUGE beer (13.6% ABV) that actuallytastes more like a braggot due to the orange blossom honey. It is extremely easy to drink and dangerous!
Nemesis Belgian Quintupel - 5 gallons
1. Steep the following specialty grains at 150ºF for 30 minutes in 4 gallons of water.
-8 oz Rye
-4 oz Crystal 20L
-4 oz Aromatic
-4 oz Special Roast
2. Kill heat and add 16.5 pounds Pilsen LME.
3. Bring to a boil and add the following hop schedule:
-1 ounce Sterling at 60 min.
-1 ounce Fuggles at 60 min.
-1 ounce Sterling at 30 min.
-1 ounce Fuggles at 30 min.
-1 Whirlfloc Tablet at 15 minutes
-Wort Chiller at 15 minutes
-2 ounces Fuggles at Flameout
-1 ounce Sterling at Flameout
-3 pounds Orange Blossom Honey at Flameout
4. Add a 3 day old, 2 liter starter of Wyeast 1388.
5. Bottle carbonate with Prime Dose (Northern Brewer).
SG = 1.126
FG = 1.020
ABV = 13.6%