I was tipped off about an excavation of a Warrior in Germany. He was buried with weapons and a bronze pot of braggot around ~450 BC. A brewery has made a version of this, but I thought I would put a mead makers spin on it.
Bronze Warrior Historical Mead: 3 gallons
1. Heat 2 gallons of water to 170 F.
2. Add the following grain bill:
-4 oz Caramalt 8
-4 oz Crystal 120
-1 oz Peated Malt
-20 grams Meadowsweet
3. Steep for 20 minutes.
4. Remove bag and discard grains.
5. Add 3 lbs Golden Light DME and bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Turn off heat.
6. Add 10 grams fresh whole mint and 2 grams Wyeast Beer Nutrients.
7. Allow to cool. Remove mint.
8. Transfer to carboy.
9. Once the carboy and yeast are equal temperatures, pitch yeast.
10. Ferment until stable gravity is reached and keg.