1. Pick ~40 basil leaves. Harvest in the morning when the leaves are the most aromatic. Wash and dry with paper towels.
2. Add leaves to 750 ml Everclear.
3. Infuse 20 days, then to taste. (No more than 4 weeks).
4. Treat as a concentrate for cocktails. Good as a digestif. Especially good in a Bloody Mary.
5. Store in the freezer.
Basil Bloody Mary
1. Add the following to a shaker:
-1.5 oz Vodka (Ketel One)
-1/2 oz Basil Liquer
-1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
-4 oz Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix
-4 dashes Tabasco
-1/2 tsp Horseradish paste
-4 dashes Worcestershire
2. Shake and pour into a nice tall glass.
3. Garnish with celery stalk, garlic stuffed olive, and pickled okra. I like my Bloody Mary to come with a snack!