Dates are a wonderful sweet treat that have been enjoyed for thousands of years. Turns out they also make a wonderful infusion!
1. Add 10 ounces of dates to a 750ml glass jar.
2. Add 500-600 ml of Tito’s vodka to cover dates completely.
3. Cap and allow to stand 3-4 days.
4. With a mortar, break the dates up a bit. It will yield a mushy mess.
5. Allow to stand 2-3 days.
6. Strain through cheesecloth. I make a cheesecloth bag and twist to strain all the goodness out. It’s best to do this step over a large funnel.
7. Allow to stand until the top portion is clear.
8. Pour the clear portion into a serving vessel.
9. Optional: Add honey to sweeten. Start with 2 ounces and add to taste.