This mead was originally made for the "Game of Thrones" premier. It is a very tasty hibiscus mead that borrows heavily from Jamacian sorrel (Jamacian Christmas drink).
It is quite tasty, but it feels a lot stronger than it actually is!
1. Add the following to a 6 quart stock pot:
-3 quarts Ozarka Spring water
-4.5 oz dried sorrel sepals
-2" of dried china ginger
-2 tsp allspice berries
-1 stick cinnamon
-1 vanilla bean
-orange peel from one small orange
-lemon peel from one lemon
-2 tsp mace
2. Allow the mixture to boil for 10 minutes.
3. Take the mixture off the heat. Once it has cooled, place in the fridge.
4. After 24 hours, take the mixture out of the fridge and strain into a 1 gallon carboy.
5. Add 3 lbs of honey (1 quart) to carboy.
6. Add 1/4 tsp K2CO3 and 0.4 tsp Fermaid K upfront only.
7. Add 0.7 tsp of Fermaid 0.
-Add above again at 1.09 & 1.05.
8. Add a starter of Wyeast 1388 yeast. (SG ~1.120)
-No water in airlock for 7 days.
9. Once the gravity reaches 1.000, cold crash and bottle.
10. Make a Dragon's Blood Cocktail!
Dragon's Blood Cocktail
1. Add a bit of sprite to a glass and muddle a few mint leaves gently. Then add the following:
-3 oz Sorrel Mead
-1 oz Sprite
2. Stir gently and garnish with mint.
Be careful. I don't know why, but this libation hits you really hard and fast!