Krupnik is an ancient Lithuanian spiced honey liquer used to keep warm or just enjoy life!
1. To 1 cup of water add the following:
-0.5 stick of cinnamon
-1 whole nutmeg, crushed
-1 china ginger, 1 inch piece
-1 vanilla bean, split
-2 pieces of mace
-5 allspice berries
-4 black peppercorns
-1 star anise, whole
-Zest of one lemon
2. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes
3. Set aside and allow to cool
1. Add 1.5 cups of honey to 1.5 cup water
2. Heat and skim the scum until you are satisfied
1. Add spice mix (including the spices) to cooled honey mix for a total 4 cups.
2. At this point, you have choices:
You can add 4 cups of good vodka for a smooth 20-25% ABV drink.
You can add 4 cups Everclear for a high octane, 45% ABV sleep-aid. I've done both and both are good.
3. Put it in a closet for a month and let the particulates settle out.
4. Pour the clear liquid off the top into new bottles.
5. Store in the freezer until completely clear, then pour the crystal clear Krupnik into "display" bottles.
6. Store in the freezer indefinitely.