Quarantine has a way of making you dream of the tropics. And boat drinks. Lots of tropical fruit and sweetness that begs for sunshine on a beach. I decided I need to make something with that vibe.
Pineapple, banana, coconut are used here for the tropical fruit. To add a little something extra, I’ll be adding some allspice dram in secondary. This is a standard addition to tiki drinks. You can see how to make it here: https://denardbrewing.com/blog/post/Ad/
I’m also using Voss Kveik yeast from Omega Labs for high ABV and citrus notes.
Boat Drink: 2 gallons
1. Add to a spigoted demijohn 2 pineapple (peeled,cored and sliced), 4 ripe bananas (no peel), and 2 cup of dried coconut.
2. Add 28 oz dark agave syrup and 7 lbs cactus honey.
3. Add 4 oz dark sugar cane syrup or to taste. I get this from a re-enactment place in Baton Rouge, LA. It’s boiled down in ancient cast iron pots.
4. Add 5.2 liters of water.
5. Add 1.6 tsp Fermaid O, 0.8 tsp Fermaid K, and 0.5 tsp K2CO3. -Add 1.6 tsp Fermaid O at 1.11 & 1.070. Day 2 and 4 are close enough.
6. Pitch a starter of Voss Kveik.
7. Allow to hit stable gravity (-1.020).
8. Cold crash and rack into a new vessel. I got about 1.5 gallons.
9. Add 2-4 oz allspice dram per gallon to taste.
10. Cold crash to drop all sediment and bottle.